Thursday, February 5, 2009

A day with the Iron Ladies





Are you familiar with those peeps on top? Never mind the cute lass on the rightmost - in brown colored tee, lol (it’s just me..ok?). That above photo was taken the day I attended the New Generation Conference spearheaded by the Rotary International District 3830. The badge on my shirt that says “Lipad Noypi” was the theme of the event, in which invited speakers were Filipinos who triumphantly achieved daunting tasks and have proven outstanding determination being admired worldwide. So, got figured out who they are?

If you got the same thinking as mine, yes, you are right! *giggles* I got the chance to rub elbows with the first ASEAN women to reach the highest point of earth – The Mount Everest. I feel so fortunate seeing them in flesh and hearing their own success stories supported with gallery of pictures and videos. I was carried away to the extent of feeling I was really one of them. It was truly remarkable having them showed the distinct qualities of women empowerment of our country. From the bottom of my heart, I commend Noelle Wenceslao, Carina Dayondon and Janet Belarmino and the rest of Kaya ng Pinay Team Everest for this historic feat. You have proven another national pride. Congratulations!

No comments: