Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday Outreach

Saturday night after the draining airsoft activity, I received a text message from Tin. Our mother club, the ROTARY CLUB OF MAKATI – POBLACION needs reinforcement for their Sunday activity. They are asking volunteers from our club, ROTARACT CLUB OF SAMPIRO, to assist them in the distribution of books, school uniforms, and toilet bowls to San Teodoro Elementary School in Anilao Mabini, Batangas. A week before the activity, I told Tin that I won't join them due to prior commitment. I was scheduled to visit a long time friend of mine. Unfortunately, it didn’t push through and lucky for Tin that me and my dear one were able to confirm and join them during the distribution. She was actually having a big problem the night she texted me since most of her members backed out for some valid reasons before she had my confirmation.

Assembly time was 630AM(Sunday). Albeit I barely resist of getting up early due to body pain brought about by my strenuous Saturday activity, I dragged myself and dressed up. Off we went for Sunday outreach. The RCMP Real President Roman Leus and Rtn. Ryan Barcelo were so accomodating and fun to be with. The activity ended with smiles painted on everyone's face. Never would I regret that I became a part again of making things possible for someone; and never will I always be.



That's me and Tin at the distribution venue



The full force: Real Pres. Roman Leus, Rtn. Ryan Barcelo and their models: the-rotaractors-in-school-uniform



....new uniforms to wear






...books to flip




...toilet bowls to use







..and new classmates as well, lol
Related posts:

No comments: