Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Unwell

Lately, I noticed that the weather is unpredictable. There are days when the weather is fine then all of sudden the rain will pour – must be the effect of global warming. Tuesday before I went home, I felt like I’m getting sick. I’m worried If can make it early the following day since I was tasked to open the office. Yea, I was absolutely right. I found myself hard to drag up on my bed as my normal body temperature rose. I got totally sick. It’s good I was able to inform Rain, my officemate who’s leaving across my pad, to open the office on my behalf. Thanks Bes! (That’s how I call him)

Last Wednesday - the day I freed my office chair from my weekday’s sittings. I stayed the whole day in my pad. But as much as I want to take a good rest, I always end up waking up due to the giggling laugh brought about by the children playing right in front of my gate’s pad. I couldn’t ask them to refrain from doing so for I might misunderstood by their respective parents who were there also outside. I don’t want it to be the cause of the fire to flare up more so, start the fight with them. The result – the desire of getting enough rest became far from reality.

confined to bed

Thursday – thou I haven’t had enough to put my feet up, I decided to report for work. My eyes looked teary and feeling heavy that I can’t stare straight on my monitor. I closed my eyes, put on my jacket to keep me warm and rested for a while. That’s how my day was.

Weekend has gone by and I could somehow say that I’m getting fine. My only problem is having this productive cough that produces horrible phlegm and mucus. I had the feeling of constantly need to clear my throat. It’s kinda disturbing!. I had consumed one bottle of cough syrup but it never worked. It didn’t because I’m too wayward to supply my body with enough water and other liquids, such as fruit juices, which are probably the best cough syrups. These will surely help soothe my throat and also moisten and thin mucus so it can be coughed up more easily. I have to put the blame on me. I think it’s about time to put my body at work by giving more importance to myself. I admit, sometimes I neglect to treat myself with the highest degree of respect; that one affords a best friend speaks to the importance of considering oneself as one's own best friend.

I can't wait to say this to myself, "I am worthy enough for me to be kind to myself."

No comments: